Our COVID-19 Plan
June 15, 2020
WWVREMC opens lobby to the public
On June 15, the cooperative office resumed normal office hours and staffing. To ensure the safety of members and employees we are taking extra precautions to reduce the risk of exposure. Following social distancing standards, we have changed the entrance and exits for the public to use and these are clearly marked for all to follow.
We miss seeing you but continue to offer our members a variety of contactless ways to reach us, including:
Pay your bill and manage your account:
- Conveniently pay your energy bill online with SmartHub.
- Call our SecurPay phone line at 844-827-4759.
- Speak to one of our member support representatives at 800-529-5557, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. regarding any questions or concerns about your bill.
- Use the drop box located inside the lobby vestibule.
- Report it by calling 800-776-0493 day or night. It's the cooperative's outage hotline and only used to report power outages.
- You may also report outages using SmartHub.
May 11, 2020
OUR COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PLAN
PREPARING FOR THE NEXT PHASE
Please read this important message from WWVREMC
At Whitewater Valley REMC we remain focused on maintaining a healthy workforce and keeping key personnel available so that we can continue to provide necessary services to our members and our communities. We continue to adhere to guidelines put forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and state and local officials. WWVREMC continues to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by operating within our Pandemic Business Continuity Plan. We also have a Return to Work Plan that addresses recommended practices and having those in place for our workgroup to report as normal beginning June 1, 2020. In developing our Return to Work plan, we have used the guidance and directives from the federal government and the governor of the state of Indiana. Social distancing, hygiene, and other directives will be followed for our employees, vendors, and our members.
March 16, 2020
OUR COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PLAN
OFFICE CLOSED TO PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
As a valued part of Whitewater Valley REMC, we appreciate the trust you place in us.
In the current environment, it’s important for all of us to be calm and diligent. That’s why we want to update you on the situation regarding COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) and the steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our employees and members. As of right now, no employee has contracted or been exposed to the virus. For this reason, the following actions are being taken to limit the risk of the spread of the virus. Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, the WWVREMC office will be closed to the public until further notice.
We are in contact with state and local health authorities to ensure that our policies and procedures meet or exceed their guidelines. We have also implemented support procedures to ensure that our member's transaction needs are met without disruption. That said, some non-essential work that requires face-to-face interaction may be postponed and/or rescheduled so that key personnel—such as line workers and member support representatives— remain available so that we can continue to provide the excellent service you expect from us and keep the lights on.
Disconnects for non-payment and penalties for late payment will be temporarily suspended. We understand this pandemic may cause unforeseen financial hardships for some of our members and as always we will work with you on a plan.
While the office is closed to the public, we encourage all members to use SmartHub to make payments and report power outages.
Here are options our members can use to make a payment:
- Visit our website at wwvremc.com and click on the Online Bill Pay link: https://wwvremc.smarthub.coop/Login.html
- Use our SmartHub app on your phone or tablet
- Call 24/7, 844-827-4759 to use our automated pay by phone system
- Mail payment to P.O. Box 3199, Martinsville, IN, 46151-3168
- Place payment in the drop box located at our office
- Call M-F 7:30-4:00, 765-458-5171 or 800-529-5557 to speak to a member support representative
The annual meeting has been postponed indefinitely. A decision on future plans will be based on guidance provided by the CDC. Watch for meeting updates on our website, social media outlets, mail and print publications.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as necessary. Stay safe and thank you for your continued trust in WWVREMC.