Whitewater Valley REMC was formed after Fayette-Union County REMC and Wayne County REMC consolidated.
- Fayette-Union County REMC was originally incorporated in January 1937.
- Wayne County REMC was originally incorporated in August 1936.
- The first pole was set on April 4, 1938 for Fayette-Union County REMC on the Carl Creek Farm in Liberty.
- Fayette-Union County REMC's first headquarters was above Driggs Shoe Store on the north side of the square in Liberty.
- Wayne County REMC's first headquarters was one room at Wayne County Farm Bureau.
- WWVREMC held it's first Annual Meeting on April 9, 1994 at the UCHS in Liberty.